Chocolate & Hazelnut Sable
200g Ground Hazelnuts
285g Unsalted butter
110g Caster sugar
300g Plain flour
40g Coco powder
1 vanilla pods
100g egg yolks
- Mix hazelnuts with butter, sugar and salt. Place in mixer and beat until the mix becomes pale.
- Fold in flour and egg yolks and sugar mix together with the seeds from the vanilla pods.
- Place between two sheets of silicon paper and roll out to approximately 3mm. Place in refrigerator and chill for 20 minutes
- Cut into oblong shapes and bake in the oven at 180º for 8-10 minutes, then leave to cool
250g Whipped cream
100g Egg yolks
50g Caster sugar
250g Dark chocolate 63%
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until they become pale.
- Heat milk and cream to 85º then pour onto egg yolks with sugar mix and slowly mix until luke warm.
- Warm the chocolate until it just melts and add to the mixture. Leave to cool
- Once cool place in the refrigerator in a piping bag ready to use
120ml Cocoa Butter
120ml Dark Chocolate 70% pistols
- Heat cocoa butter and pour over chocolate
- Stir over baine marie until completely combined. Cool to 15 degrees before pouring over the the Tim Tam. Ensuring its is elevated with a drip tray underneath