This is such a lovely easy cake recipe which doesn’t take anytime at all to knock up, which is also gluten free and super delicious. Mango is one of my favourite fruits but you can change the recipe to pretty much any fruit you wish. Keep a little bit of the puree to serve with it and then the ice cream of your choice I love to serve ours with a Yoghurt ice cream.
Mango Flourless Cake
125g Mango Puree
125g Ground Almonds
110g Caster Sugar
3 Whole Eggs
1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Grease your cake Mould
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the mango, almonds, sugar and baking powder to the bowl and mix thoroughly, then pour into your individual cake moulds.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cake is firm to touch and lightly golden
- Cool in the tin before turning it out
For The Mango Puree
6 Whole Mangos
- Peel, cut and cook over a low heat with a drop of water. Keep a close eye and cook out until nice and soft.
- Place in blender and blitz until smooth. You’ll have a small amount remaining to serve with at the end.