One of the few good things about summer coming to an end is the reintroduction of guilt free comfort eating. Macaroni & Cheese is the ultimate indulgence but who can deny it is worth every single delicious calorie. This simple recipe for home will win over your other half in no time.
For the Cheese Sauce:
200ml Double Cream
250g Cheddar Cheese
- Heat a sauce pan and slowly melt your butter. Stir in your flour until combined with the butter and cook out for a few minutes ensuring to keep it working so that it doesn’t catch.
- In a separate saucepan heat your milk. Once hot slowly add to your butter and flour mix a little at a time ensuring to keep whisking. Continue this until you have added all the milk. Keep stirring on a low heat allowing time for the flour to cook out which is very important, it may already be thick but it will taste like flour. You need to cook your sauce out for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Add your cream and your cheese and mix through
75g Cheddar Cheese
- Cook your macaroni in salted boiling water and drain once finished
- Fold your macaroni through your cheese sauce until its well combined then add half your remaining cheese through the mix
- Place into your serving bowl and add the rest of the cheese on top your dish and place back in the oven under the grill until the cheese is nicely melted
- Serve and enjoy